Not even going to apologize for the lapse in posts this time. Life is busy now that Jacob is no longer a baby and just in general. No excuses, it's just what it is and in all honesty I'm too busy enjoying every moment of it to remember to log on. That's not true. I think how great certain moments would be to share on here, but then I get caught up on them and forget.
Anyway...
Jacob's kisses are the nastiest kisses you'll ever get, but also the sweetest at the same time. He doesn't understand the pucker up and kiss concept so all you get is an open mouth attacking your face and he's getting 5 teeth in (crazy!) so all you have is a mouth full of drool coming at you.
It completely grosses me out. I cringe every time I seeing him coming at me for a kiss, but the thing is that he only comes in for a kiss when I ask him and even though I'm cringing about the cold drool about to hit my face I'm still the one asking for it to happen.
There are so many other amazing things going on in the short month since I last updated. Jacob is a walker. Not only a walker, but so independent that when I hold his hand in public places to keep him from traveling to far or knocking down full shelves of products he promptly sits down because he doesn't need the help. He's an independent walker.
He loves daycare. He has a set of friends and runs off whenever he's dropped off. When I pick him up he seems to always be begging them for more food and makes me chase him around. I feel like a bad mom because he doesn't run to go home, but instead makes me run around the room while he shows me all the great things they have to do there.
Jacob is a neat freak. No clue where he got it from. His daddy like things nice and neat, but I won't even attempt to say he got it from me. His favorite thing is to place items inside other items. We have cloth boxes for his toys and if there are too many toys out he'll start throwing them in there. We just got him a pot with little plastic foods and a spoon to stir them all around. Jacob likes putting them all in the pot, stuffing the spoon in there too and then closing the lid. There's no other playing, just cleaning up the mess mom and dad made by spreading the food out for him to see.
He eats like me. Jacob is a sometime vegetarian. Meat is ok every now and then, but veggies and carbs are amazing all the time. At one year I was excited to give him scrambled eggs, but he's not a big fan. Because he eats like me I'm tempted to put hot sauce on them and see if he goes after it (don't worry, I'm not about to).
I can't explain how I like showing off my little man. He's such an amazing person in every way and becoming less of a baby every day is a miracle to watch and brings so many smiles.
So now that I'm somewhat caught up with a sappy post I'm going to try to start keeping up with this again. As much as I love the people that look forward to post, my real reason is because I'm too disorganized for a baby book and hope that this will help fill in the gaps.
No comments:
Post a Comment