Friday, June 10, 2011

Picky Eater

We love watching Jacob eat. Ever since he started solids Jacob has had a love for food and devoured everything set in front of him.

Starting a few weeks ago he started getting molars in and became a picky little eater only wanting fruit, some veggies and fruit snacks. If it didn't fall in one of those categories it took a lot of pleading and work to get him to try what was on his plate only to watch him spit it right back out.

Finally last night we stopped buying a kid's meal because it was a waste of money to watch him sit there and stare at it. Instead I decided to let him try a little of my shrimp and rice and then once he refused that I was ready to try a Gerber meal to at least get him to eat something. I cut the shrimp into three pieces and was getting ready to cut another one to have ready just in case when I looked over and saw the first one was already gone. The whole meal I was cutting shrimp up and scooping out rice to Jacob's tray. He ate over half my meal.

Our little eater is back and I finally found a meat he loves!

No comments: