Wednesday, November 3, 2010

6 Months at a Glance

It has been a while since I've posted...there just hasn't been time. Subbing has ended up being more than I ever thought it would be, my consulting job, and most of all the most adorable almost crawler that explores every part of the house.

I always knew that our house was a bit cluttered, but the more that Jacob explores and begins to pull himself up the more I notice clutter. So, while I'm playing with him I try to unclutter each piece he pulls himself up on. It isn't the fastest process, but I'm finding it manageable.

Guess I'll have to open the guest room door soon so that he'll motivate me to work on that too!

New things in the past month:
- Jacob has been getting up on all fours for the past couple weeks and rocking back and forth. He's starting to get the crawling motion down, but I think he realizes that he can go faster with his army crawl, so he gets a little irritated with the whole real crawling thing.
- There is no stopping him! Once Jacob started moving I was able to put pillows up to block him, but now those are just a fun obstacle to climb over. In fact, one of his favorite activities is climbing over me. I'm running out of options to keep him in one area.
- Real solids...not just purees. I don't think I've ever said the word puree more, but it looks like I'm nearing the end of that. At the beginning of this month Jacob was unsure about the puffs and Gerber Cheeto looking things, but now he can grab them from his highchair tray and get them to his mouth with no problem at all. He can also handle bananas, avocados and little pieces of bread.
- Every nap and bed time are spent in the crib. This is a big feat for both Jacob and me! It started with naps, then moved to the first couple hours of bed time, and now the whole night. I don't want to jinx it, but it has been amazing and he sleeps so much better in there.
- Smiles and laughs are the best thing on Earth. Every time I come into Jacob's view he gets the biggest smile. We play games and he laughs. You smile at him and he smiles. It is the best feeling in the world.
- Not a developmental milestone, but new for the month; I joined a mommy group. So far I've only gone out for wine with them, but I do have plans to do more. Next week I'm doing another wine outing (which is nice to make new friends and get some time out), zoo trip with the mom and kids, then a family pot luck dinner. Really excited and hope this goes well.

On Friday Jacob turns 7 months. I can't believe how time is flying by.

No comments: