In college we had this pumpkin patch near campus called Pumpkinville that I went to every year I was at Bonas. They made apple cider, the roads on the drive out there were covered in red and golden brown leaves, there was a chill in the air, and best of all were the pumpkin doughnuts. Because of Pumpkinville I have yet to enjoy any other local pumpkin patch in our area. After researching every place with pumpkins in our area I finally settled on Dewberry Farms about an hour away because it seemed like they made it an event and the pumpkins were in the fields they were grown in.
After about 40 minutes on the road I decided that this was a good idea because there couldn't be too many other crazy moms like me wanting to drive out to the middle of the country for a pumpkin patch when you're sure to pass about 5 on the way. It was a good thought until we pulled up and there were men stationed on horses across a dozen lanes of long parking directing the traffic.
The line to get in:
Once we got in we realized it was so much more than a pumpkin patch. There were a dozen attractions for kids, a snow cone hut where you got to choose between 20 flavors of syrup and put it on yourself, cannons to shoot ears of corn from, farm animals, and even pig races. Next year Jacob will love Dewberry farms!
This year we paid the entrance fee but only got to use the pumpkin patch, flowers and farm animal areas. They made for adorable pictures!
My aboslute favorite:
1 comment:
Love the pictures - so cute! That farm sounds awesome. Did you see the corn cannons? That sounds like a blast - haha
Post a Comment