Of course my only free day to stay home with Jacob this past week was Thursday, the day that Ana comes to clean the house. Instead of waking up at 8 and both Jacob and I staying in our pj's until after lunch, we had to be up and out the door by 8:30 and stay out until noon. I just feel weird in the house with someone cleaning, and I don't want Jacob, Scoot, or I to get in her way.
We had a great morning planned. Jacob and I were headed to Denny's for breakfast, then an indoor playground area that my play group goes to. We haven't gone with the play group yet, but I thought this would be a good time to test it out and see if Jacob was big enough to enjoy.
Breakfast was great! Jacob had all the tables around us wrapped around his finger; to the point that he threw a crayon down and the man from the table behind us got up to return the crayon to Jacob. Here I was just going to leave it on the ground, but Jacob had already trained people from other tables to pick up his stuff for him.
After Jacob scarfed down his Jr. Grand Slam we headed to Jumpin' Jaks to play for a few hours, but when we pulled up they were still closed even though they were supposed to open 20 minutes ago.
The weather was cloudy and not too hot so we moved on to the park. The same park I split my knee open at a few months ago.
When we got close I texted Michael to have his phone close since we were going to try Meyer Park again, but there were no worries, it ended up being a perfect day.
Jacob made friends on the playground as he took over the tubes you climb through. Learned that he loves going down slides and it is almost just as much fun to try and climb up them too. Then of course there is nothing better than the swing.
After the swings I was taking Jacob back to the car when I realized we lost a shoe. As we went back to the swings to find it Jacob kept reaching for the now packed playground. Since he was ready to keep going we went out towards the picnic area and played in the grass instead of heading straight to the car. This was the best part of the park because Jacob decided he didn't want to sit and play. Instead while holding my hand he walked from the very back of the park all the way to the car. It was a slow trek, but he loved every second of it.
1 comment:
Walking in the park!!! Way to go J&J!
Post a Comment