Saturday, January 23, 2010

29 Weeks

This week has been big for three reasons -
1) I've discovered there are a million things out there to drink besides just water with lemon. I need a break from the water, I'm fine drinking it at work, but it gets boring. Our fridge is now packed with Fresca, Hawaiian Punch Berry Lemonade, and flavors from Gatorade I never knew existed. Did you know there is a mango flavor? Also, kool-aid makes little tablets you can drop in your water for instant kool-aid. These should all keep me entertained for a while.
2) I was a big girl this week! Yesterday I went for my glucose tolerance test all by myself. I checked in, they gave me the bottle of sugary syrup to down in five minutes, then sat in the recliners they have hidden at the lab for an hour. This is where the big girl part comes in - I didn't call Michael to come to the lab when it came time for them to take my blood, and because they were so packed and busy at the lab I didn't even tell them that I have a tendency of fainting when someone takes my blood and needed to use the bed instead of the chair. It was the same lady who has been so sweet taking it before, so I just trusted her and went to the room with only a chair. The only bad part of not telling her I'm not good with needles is she used a normal sized one and it really hurt, but not as bad as taking the tape and gauze off my arm later. So, that is why I'm a big girl this week!
3) The nursery is ready! All painted, all furniture built, all ready! We need to add a little decor besides Michael's sports stuff that he's so happy to keep in there, but that is already in the works. Jacob probably has the most expensive decor right now including tons of signed baseballs and a bat, framed signed jerseys, a really cool UT print from when they won the championship and Astros thing with a piece of home plate and some other stuff from when we should have gone to the World Series, but Pujols stopped us. Below are pictures of the pretty final product!

View from the door, with the painted wall and trim.








View from the crib side of the room.








Scoot likes to lay in my lap and had kept circling around whenever I sat in the glider. When I went in to take pictures he decided he wanted to try out the glider. The movement freaked him out and it is a bit too small for him. Hopefully he realizes all furniture is not for him.




His closet is already starting to fill up! I finally found a use for those space saver hangers that I thought would help my closet. The wood bars in our closets are too big for tiny hangers, but these work perfectly.




* How far along?: 29 Weeks and 1 day to be technical
* Total weight gain: Still at 17 pounds
* How big is baby?: About 2.75 lbs and just over 15 inches from head to toe. He won't grow in length much more, but will keep put on weight at a steady pace. There's not much room for him anymore and my stomach feels like it can't stretch anymore. In fact this week I learned that the intense burning sensation I get right below my ribs on the right side is my ab muscles separating.
* Maternity clothes?: Yes! Yesterday I tried wearing one of my old tank tops with a button sweater over it and had to constantly keep pulling my jeans up and my shirt down to not show off my stomach to everyone.
* Sleep?: Back to normal, except now when I wake up in the middle of the night I usually need to go to the restroom.
* Best moment this week?: Working with Michael all week on the nursery. It was tiring, but a ton of fun.
* Movement?: The other night he was kicking/punching on both my left and right sides at the same time and then yesterday he must have been jumping up and down because I could feel him by my ribs and the bottom of my stomach at the same time.
* Food cravings?: Still a lot more beef than I ever ate before
* Labor signs?: Keeping a look out, but none. It's strange being far enough that I'm supposed to watch for this now.
* Belly button in or out?: Definitely getting shallow - I don't really want it to pop...I like my innie!
* What I miss: Nothing really
* What I'm looking forward to: Getting started on the online portion of our birthing class.

And just to make this post extremely long...
This week the hospital's educator department called me to say that our 2/6 child birth class had been canceled, but they could move me to one of the other February dates. The dates I had to chose from were 2/13 and 2/27, both shower days. I explained that neither of those worked for me, so they are supposed to call me back once the March schedule is done and hopefully I can get into an early one in March. I just would really like the hospital tour.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

The room looks great! And congratulations on the needle - very proud of you :-)