286 days until Jacob turns 1. It is a bit early to start celebrating, but kind of exciting. Jacob has only been here for a little under 3 months, but already he has done so much.
1) In this past week he took his first trip. We managed the airports and actually didn't forget anything. He was such a trooper on the plane - nobody even knew there was a baby on board.
2) He attended his first wedding, once again the best baby possible. During the rehearsal he didn't even let the trumpets borrow, however during the wedding he was a bit upset that we didn't sit him up to see what was going on. During the reception everyone stopped us to say how wonderful he was. (We had to agree!)
3) Although I don't like having to buy clothes in a larger size, I love the fact that Jacob no longer fits almost any of his new born outfits. In fact he is wearing 3 month khakis today with a golf shirt and looks like a big kid!
4) The smiles are amazing. The first few were sweet and now that he does it all the time every day it makes you feel like a good parent.
5) Jacob says "I love you." It sounds nuts, but is so true. A couple weeks ago I was playing with Jacob when he mumbled "I love you." I told Michael and he looked at me like I was crazy. Fastforward to the past weekend in Georgia - we were in our room changing Jacob when he did it again. We made him repeat for about an hour until finally letting him go to bed. I know he doesn't know what it means, and that it is not truly saying it, but for that to be the first thing he repeats must means that he hears it all the time and hopefully he realizes how truly loved he is.
6) Sleep! Sleep is a glorious thing. I was a horrible sleeper before I had Jacob and would push myself to exhaustion about once a month, however with Jacob I learned how to nap and fall asleep at 8PM because he kept me on my toes and sleep just didn't exist anymore. He now steadily goes 6-7 hours between his last feeding and the next morning one. There is usually one 15 minute stretch where he needs to be calmed, but still so much better than getting up ever 1 1/2 hours.
7) It's small, but from the day Jacob came home he has been great at tracking objects with his eyes. In just the past week he started turning his head to follow things. Not only does he move his head to see things, but he has also realized he can move his head so he sits and turns his head all around just to try it out.
8) Jacob is on a mission to see how many fingers he can get in his mouth. Sometimes one hand, sometimes both hands. There is just nothing better in the world to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment