Tuesday, June 8, 2010

2 Months and a some

Jacob Tiger has reached the 2 month mark. I can't believe my little boy is already 2 months, I feel like this next year, and probably many after that will fly by. Every single little developmental mark makes me so proud. You always think it is funny how people think their little one is advanced and so amazing, but I definitely fall in that group now.
In just the past couple weeks Jacob has started smiling more and more. It's a smile that can melt your heart. It doesn't take much to make him smile, just a rub on the cheek or silly face, but just to know that you can make him so happy is a great feeling. However, today all he wanted to do was sleep in my arms, but that doesn't feel too bad either.
The time awake now is a great change too. Jacob now takes two naps a day, one around 10 and one around 3. It helps me plan when I can get some stuff done and also gives us a lot of play time now. Even when I take him shopping he keeps his eyes open a bit longer now. The first time he did this was last week at Target and his eyes were just so big taking in all the colors.
Jacob also went to his first birthday party for a wonderful little (now) 3 year old. All anyone could say was how much the parties have changed now that we all have little ones - or have one on the way. We sat at the baby table with Claire, 3 weeks older, Jedi, 2 months older and Colt, who made a few appearances while running around and is 16 months old. Plus Justin and Karen with their little one that will make an appearance in about 5.5 months.

The sad part of hitting the 2 month mark is there isn't much time left until I have to go back to work. Luckily I have a plan, and 100% hope that it will all work out. I've become too addicted watching all the milestones we've hit so far to dare miss any future ones.

No comments: