Admittedly I've been ready; there was a box of cereal and package of spoons sitting on our dining room table not so patiently waiting to be used. Although I was ready, I also know that the time to start solids is debatable and I wanted to talk to our doctor before moving ahead in case waiting til we were closer to 6 months was better.
We discussed his spit up issue and how it is a constant thing (she doesn't believe it is an issue since he's gaining weight so well, but wants to watch if it gets worse or doesn't start easing up soon) and also about how we cut back the amount we were feeding him because it was way too much. We try to keep Jacob at 36 oz a day, but still sometimes go over because he demands more.
That's when the dr. said to start cereal now to help with both those issues.
The next afternoon Jacob had his first feeding in his high chair, and he loved every minute of it.
First he was determined to tip over the bowl.
Then he started stealing the spoon from me and returning it once it was empty.
And at the end he was upset there wasn't any more.
I love that he likes this new feeding time so much, but just a couple days into and I'm already trying to find a way to push diaper changes off on Michael now.
No comments:
Post a Comment