Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crac-ker

It's crazy the vocab Jacob is coming up with. I feel like every day there is something new, and since I've been working so much lately, having him home today brought tons of surprises.

1) When I get him up in the morning it's about the time that Scoot decides he urgently needs to go outside and there is no point waiting in Jacob's room for him to decide to stand up and stop playing with the stuffed animals in the crib. This morning Scoot was staring at me as I leaned over the crib and as Jacob stood up he saw Scoot and quickly called out and pointed...."Scoooooo."

2) There is a little blue puppy in Jacob's crib that he's been favoring lately. Every now and then I'll take it out of the crib and let him carry it around. This morning I brought it out to him as we fought about him not using the pacifier and as soon as he saw it he said, "dog." Glad he realizes every dog is not a Scoooo

3) Scoot taught Jacob how to beg. He's so bad with it and loves when I'm making fruit salad to go with dinner. He does laps around the house and every 10 seconds shows ups at my knees pointing to the counter (and now grabbing if it's too close to the edge) grunting that he wants what I have. Tonight I passed him a grape and I swore he said, "thank you." It made me laugh and 10 seconds later he was back for some more and another, thank you. It's amazing! He even said it when I brought him his dinner. Better manners than most adults.

...and lastly the cutest of the night.

4) Jacob was getting ready for bed and we were having some relaxing time on the couch as I flipped through a magazine. He likes looking at anything with pictures and we go over the names of it all as he points. This page had what every house should have packed in case of an emergency: flash light, sleeping bag, passport, crackers, batteries... We went over everything and then I pointed out the small packet of crackers and he repeated it. We were so amazed that I kept pointing at it and he kept repeating it, but then he started pointing at everything and saying cracker, so although he can say it, it doesn't really have complete meaning yet. The best was when he pointed to the cat in the ad on the next page and called it, "cracker." However, that really may be the cats name, so I can't say he's wrong.

No comments: