I can't believe Jacob is already 1 month old. It seems like time is just flying by, and he's growing so fast.
It's strange when we go out shopping or to dinner and people comment on how small he is. He seems huge to me now, and so strong. We're still struggling with the whole sleeping at night thing, but during the day he doesn't sleep nearly as much. He wakes up fully around 11AM and never takes a full nap during the day anymore, but instead about a 20-30 minute nap every few hours.
Tomorrow we have our 1 month dr. appointment and I can't wait to see how much he weighs now. He's not quite as excited since it is the first appointment for vaccinations...poor thing.
On the night of his 1 month birthday Jacob gifted us with an explosive diaper. We were out celebrating Cinco de Mayo with a couple friends and I was holding Jacob just after a feeding. All of a sudden he let out a huge fart that was definitely a poop. I ran my hand across his back and felt a wet spot on his onesie. Lovely! I took him to the ladies' room for a quick diaper and outfit change. I figured it was about time we had our first...but then today he had another. I'm hoping this isn't the new trend for this month.
A little random for this, but while we were out last night I also met a very strange man. We were sitting in the lobby waiting for a table when this old man in overalls and a straw cowboy hat sat down next to me. He made a couple comments about how cute Jacob was and I smiled politely and said thank you. Then he asked, "Does he smoke cigars." I thought maybe he was just going crazy and laughed and said no. Then turned around which most people realize means the conversation is done. No kidding he kept talking til he got my attention and said, "I call the nipple a cigar." I smiled again and turned around again. Then he tapped me on the shoulder and once again asked, "so does he smoke cigars?" Conversation over! Jacob and I moved away and quickly engaged in the conversation of our friends.
1 comment:
That guy sounds like a weirdo! I can't believe he's a month old already! Hope you enjoy your first Mother's Day!!
Post a Comment