On Thursday I came into the daycare with lesson sheets ready for my class of 2-4 year olds. I had a plan and knew it was going to be a good day.
As I got the room ready for the day I noticed Jacob's teacher wasn't there and began to wonder where she was and who was going to watch the babies. No sooner did I start to think about it when one of the other teachers came over and told me that Valerie was out for the day and I would be covering the nursery. Considering that morning I had just told Michael how badly I wanted to spend the day with Jacob, this was perfect!
It ended up being easier than I thought it would be with the 7 month old that crawls everywhere and over everything (including the babies) and the 4 month old that cries non-stop. I was able to keep them happy and entertained.
Surprisingly, the problem child was my little boy.
Although he never cries and naps for long stretches with Valerie, he wouldn't sleep for more than 5 minutes in his crib that day. In order to get him to sleep he had to be in my arms and the second I put him down to take care of one of the other babies he would scream at the top of his lungs.
On the upside though - he found a new favorite toy to play with while sitting - a mini piano. He gets the biggest smile pounding on the keys.
No comments:
Post a Comment