Last Thursday I went to a painting class thing with my mom's group (actually only one other person went, but it was still so much fun), and I joked to Michael that if Jacob decided to start walking while I was gone he should push him down and make him wait. There have been no real signs that he's about to start walking any time soon, but we both just have this feeling.
Of course half way through the class I get a text that Jacob had been standing at the table and then all of a sudden Michael looked over and he wasn't holding on anymore. Instead he stood there staring at his hands in the air until Michael startled him and he realized he wasn't holding on. I decided not to believe him that it happened and that maybe he was leaning on the table since he does that all the time.
This morning Michael was getting ready while Jacob and I played on the floor. He was standing holding on to me when all of a sudden he deliberately let go of me and struggled to stabilize for a second before grabbing me again. I couldn't believe he not only stood on his own for a bit, but also that he was really trying to do it and not just accidentally getting distracted.
We have just a few more days before his 10 month mark, maybe there's still a chance he'll be walking before 10 months.
1 comment:
He;s waiting to show us his haircut and first steps in the next Skype. Since we're snowed in tomorrow we will be completely available.
Post a Comment