Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh Wonderful Sleep

Mr. Man is now 10 months old, and I don't want to jinx it, but, he is an amazing sleeper!

We started at the end of last week by letting Jacob cry for a little while and then going in to comfort him and just repeating instead of taking him out and into the swing. For something we were so scared to do, it was honestly pretty easy.

A couple nights ago Jacob was playing around on Michael's lap and didn't seem tired at all even though it was 30 minutes past bed time. We decided to put him in bed and see what happened.

Complete silence.

The wide awake boy laid down in his crib and instantly went to sleep.

Then last night he repeated this process, even though he was exhausted before going to bed and not so playful. It works in the middle of the night too. He wakes up once or twice in the night and we go in lay him back down, and rub his back to calm him down.

Even when I snuck into his room this morning in search for a pair of shoes and woke him up all I had to do was lay him back down and he was back out like a light.

I can't believe we waited so long to do this.

No comments: