Friday, February 5, 2010

31 Weeks

The last several weeks of pregnancy are uncomfortable as can be to make you less scared of giving birth - at least in my head that is the only reasonable explinantion. I'm ready to start feeling normal again and not hurt when I walk, or have to sit at a certain angle because Jacob is pushing at my ribs, not feel exhausted most the day, and all that other stuff that seems to be added on a daily basis now.
However, the fun thing with the contractions is that my stomach gets as hard as a rock and it's fun to poke at it then. Simple pleasures.

* How far along?: 31 weeks
* Total weight gain: About 20, right on track!
* How big is baby?: Just over 3 pounds and between 17 and 18 inches.
* Maternity clothes?: Yes, and with the constant cold snap we've been having (40's and low 50's) I'm quickly running through all the winter options.
* Sleep?: So sleepy!
* Best moment this week?: 3D Ultrasound
* Movement?: The movement near my ribs kind of hurts now. I think he's pushed so hard in there that it is starting to bruise a bit. Other than that it is kind of fascinating to sit and watch my stomach bounce around. Also, he moves around for Michael a lot more now, so I'm glad he gets to feel him.
* Food cravings?: Comfort Food. Big, big fan of whipped sweet potatoes
* Labor signs?: Braxton Hicks contractions, but not enough to be considered labor signs.
* Belly button in or out?: I think it will be flat by the end. Really hoping it doesn't pop out.
* What I'm looking forward to: In one week exactly I'll be on a plane to Buffalo!

No comments: