Friday, February 26, 2010

34 Weeks

Not to jump ahead, but I'm very excited that next week is 35/35 (35 weeks and 35 days left). That's crazy! Soon we'll have our baby boy!
The only big thing this week is Jacob has unofficially dropped. This is unofficial because there is a chance I don't know what I'm talking about and I have to wait until Wednesday to have the doctor confirm. The good thing if he really has dropped though is it means he's head down and in the right direction.
A couple days ago I was getting ready for work and told Michael to look at me because I think he had dropped. All I got back was a "I don't know" face and some sort of mumble. Then throughout the day it was hard to walk and I have to pee more than ever. Plus he isn't as caught up in my ribs, and I'm not short of breath anymore which makes me extremely thankful.
When I slouch at work or in the car though I can still feel a little bit in my ribs, but that just may be because I'm squishing him.
***UPDATE*** I have heard from a credible source with very reliable resources that week 34 is when the baby repositions to head down. So that could be the cause of my thinking he dropped. :)
Other than that, it has been a quiet week.
Oh! I'm definitely posting a picture later because I came up with a really cute outfit. It just confirms that pregnant or not, Ann Taylor Loft is probably my favorite store.


* How far along?: 34 weeks
* Total weight gain: Not nearly the weight gain from last week, thank goodness. Now I'm up 25 pounds. This morning I told Michael I'm glad the pregnancy is coming to an end because I don't think I can take watching the scale go much higher.
* How big is baby?: Jacob weighs about as much as a cantaloupe - 4.75lbs. He's also anywhere from 17.5" to 19". Next week I'll have a more exact number even though the ultrasound estimate can be off a pound either way.
* Maternity clothes?: Yes, however today the only thing maternity I have on are jeans.
* Sleep?: The beginning of the week was tough, but last night was good.
* Best moment this week?: Michael had a cold or something earlier this week and is now feeling better.
* Movement?: Not so many strong movements, but he's active enough at work that when I don't have any motivation I can just sit in my chair and watch my stomach bounce all around.
* Food cravings?: Comfort Foods and back to the red meat
* Labor signs?: BH Contractions are getting a bit stronger. Last night they were once an hour, but nothing serious yet.
* Belly button in or out?: It doesn't really have much room to stretch anymore. I'm losing hope that it won't pop. Another weird fact, if you have an innie and it starts stretching to become an outie, the skin that was once an innie is very soft. I was touching my stomach the other night and had to look down because I felt normal skin and then all of a sudden this really, really soft skin and it freaked me out. Come to find out it was just skin that hadn't really been exposed before. Very strange.
* What I'm looking forward to: Having him here. Both Michael and I are very anxious to have him here now. I know he definitely needs a few more weeks to finish getting ready, but I hope he comes a little early.
**New Question for this week** Because I can, and it is so sweet.
Sweetest Moment of the Week: Yesterday Michael and I were emailing back and forth about what we have left to do before Jacob arrives and he sent me this, "This morning I was driving to work and saw a Dodge [same type of truck as he drives] with a carseat in the back and it got me excited and thinking of Jacob."

And just because I feel like adding more today, I know this is the time that your stomach really starts to grow, but I don't think I can handle it. It's not a size issue. There is just this upper middle spot part of my stomach where the muscles are coming apart and stretching that is really starting to hurt. It used to just burn every now and then, but it is almost constant now whenever I move, the skin is warm and if I touch it I can feel the burn sensation. I would like to some day get some sort of abs back and I think my muscles are at their limit.

No comments: