Sunday, July 26, 2009

Better Luck Next Time

Today is the last day of my working all weekend! 7 days of work in a row; complete!
It really hasn't been too bad. Saturday was the worst though since I had my THEA exam at 8AM was supposed to be at the center by about 11. As I opened the last section of the test I realized it was 20 to 11 and there was not way I was getting out of there any time soon. Luckily I was only about an hour late and I had prepared for that.
Now I have Monday and Tuesday off this week, followed by Friday off the next week and Monday the next. I love, love, love non-5 day weeks!
Back to things I don't love...the stupid two week wait.
However, there is no more waiting, I know I flucuate on my feelings a lot, but I officially think I'm out of the game for this try. All of my syptoms were most likely created in my head and the only reason I was extremely tired yesterday afternoon is because my body is used to resting on Saturdays, not getting stressed about a 3 1/2 hour test and working.
Oh well. We gave it a shot and I learned a lot. Not saying that I want to continually repeat this pattern, but once is ok.
In other news: tomorrow I go turn in my application to get into the teacher certification program. They had a story on the news the other day about teaching being a recession proof job and how people are noticing that and in Houston teaching has gone from a seller's market to a buyer's market. That makes me a little nervous, but I've always been a pretty good interviewer.

No comments: