Wednesday, August 5, 2009

1st Appointment Set

After a week of trying to figure out if my insurance would actually cover me in Texas since it is based out of California, I finally have my first appointment set!
The lady in charge of new patients was so nice on the phone. She went over the insurance with me and even though it caused a couple issues we finally figured out it would work there. Just not something they see every day. The first appointment available was for tomorrow, but since I'm already taking a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow afternoon I didn't think asking for more time off would go over well. After declining that appt I was nervous about times for the next week since work wise I have a crazy week with corporate visits and meetings every day. Luckily the next time available was the following Monday with the doctor I had done a bit of research on.
She even told me that he was probably the best for a first-time pregnancy (I'm sure she says that about all of them), but also that he does his best to make sure to always see his patients so that you don't get passed around the practice.
Now it feels real!
I'm really hoping they do an ultrasound since I'll be just over 7 weeks by then and most everything I've read says you normally have your first appointment around 8 weeks and that's when they do it and you can hear the heartbeat then. Fingers crossed.

Also, I haven't taken a pregnancy test in about a week. Since we're going to Buffalo in a couple days to tell more people I wanted to make sure the line was still getting darker or anything to give me reassurance that everything is ok before telling more people. So I couldn't help myself when I was at the grocery store this morning, and got another pregnancy test. The test line came up immediately (no time for the hormone to work with the chemical or anything, just POP!) but the control line took a little while to form and was really light. Later I found out that just means you have so much of the hormone that your test line takes some of the color from the control line. Confusing but makes me so freaking happy :)

No comments: