This morning was our first appointment with the doctor. Nothing too big, just a professional confirmation that I'm pregnant.
The doctor and the entire staff is so friendly. I was shocked by the computer check in process and even a photo for the staff to ID you with. Even the wait time wasn't too bad, except Michael would have prefered ESPN on the tv instead of CNN.
I was ready for the normal questions from the nurse and she joked that we must have been trying because I was so exact with my dates.
Dr. White discussed the common questions with us and said everything seemed normal. The vitamins I was on before were good, except he wanted me to take some Omega-3 that was made from veggies and not from fish.
Then came the dreaded part.... he wrote up my order for blood work in the lab. The last time I had to have my blood drawn I passed out about half way through, and was afraid that would happen again. Once the tech came in and started getting multiple vials ready I blurted out that I faint easily. He gave me a once over and without saying much he left the room for a second then told me a new room to go to. The lady in there was so sweet and had me lay down then used a tiny needle. Instead of me being the one wanting to pass out Michael said he got a little dizzy when he peaked over at the blood.
In two more weeks we go back for an ultrasound!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment