I completely meant to have a bit of sugar before the ultrasound, but became so obsessed with making sure I drank enough water to give us a clear picture that I forgot the sugar. It wasn't until we were watching the screen and he/she didn't want to move around too much that I figured out I had forgotten.
Without any prompt however he did stand up for a second to show off, but half a second later he was back to laying down with his feet propped up. The only other movement he gave us was was some bobs of the head and a few kicks to look like there was a dance party going on. Even my laughing didn't seem to budge him from his resting spot.
The tech finally pushed on my stomach a few times to get him to move in a position that she could get the needed measurements from, but he obliged just long enough to get those measurements before laying down again.
At least he's found a comfy spot...and we still got to see movement :) Which was absolutely amazing and so much more thrilling than I would have ever thought.
We get the results from the test to make sure there are no chromosomal diseases in about a week and everything is going smoothly. The heart beat is now in the high 140's which they said is good and strong.
++ Writing "he" is more normal for me than "it" or switching it up all the time. We're not trying to keep a secret of what the gender is. In fact we have 2 more months to find out which is going to be a very long wait for us. So, until then, I'm just using "he" even if Michael thinks that is jinxing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment