Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Gender Debate

Everyone has an opinion on the gender of our little one. There is the hope of a boy so Michael has someone to watch football with, but also the thought of a girl to be best friends with our niece. It will be nice to finally know, but there is still some time to wait for the "official" reveal.
To fill in the time though...we've tested out Old Wive's tales and every other predictor there is. Below are some of the responses.
Chinese Gender Predictor

This is just a table that based on the mother's age and month of conception, will tell you the gender of your child. According to the table on thebump we're having a girl. However, there are apparently several versions of this table floating around out there that will give you different answers.

Madame Z's Birth Predictor

By filling in several questions about your favorite color, current weather and everything non-baby related you receive a full prediction about the birth of your baby.

"The day you deliver, outside will be hot. Your baby will arrive in the early evening. After a labor lasting approximately 14 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 9 pounds, 15 ounces, and will be 17 inches long. This child will have medium green eyes and a lot of blonde hair."
I took this prediction yesterday also when the weather was just cloudy, not dark, and the prediction said our boy would be 13lbs, 13 oz. Very glad that didn't show up again :)
Old Wives Tale Quiz

I can only take the first part so far, but after inputting whether I was craving sweet or savory, or if my hair was stringy or full of body I learned that there is a 60% chance for a boy and 40% chance for a girl.


Intelligender

The most expensive and confusing one yet. After spending $30 for this at home test, we were excited to see what it said. This is all based on what color the liquid changes to after waiting for 10 minutes. I followed the directions to the T and believe it was the correct color for a girl, but when I took the jar in to the bedroom to show Michael it suddenly turned the color for a boy. Because you're not supposed to move it, I'm going to stay with the girl prediction.



2 comments:

Nicole said...

for your sake, i'm happy with either a niece or nephew as long as its not 9 or 13 pounds! ouch!!
btw, where's the widget? ;)

The Tigers said...

Your widget is back! Don't worry :)