Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas is Coming, the Goose is Getting Fat...

I love the holidays. I love all the red and white candy cane striped decor, the crisp coolness of the weather, the smell of a fresh Christmas tree, and almost every single song about Santa and Christmas. It may not have the best meal (Thanksgiving), but it truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

For the past few year the holidays have been a blur. When I signed up to work retail, I would have never thought the marketing manager had to be there on all the holidays and work events almost every weekend during the holidays. It kind of made me forget how much I loved the holidays as a time to celebrate with family.

This year however, I sent the kids off for Christmas break on Friday and am subbing at the daycare for two days next week and then I'm off until after the new year! The house is decorated, all the gifts are bought and wrapped, we're ready for some special visitors, and I can't wait for Jacob's first Christmas.

Below are some pictures of Jacob's preparations

Jacob showed us how all the cool kids are wearing their Santa hats this year

"How many days til Christmas mom? I can't tell now that I pulled the Snowman off."

No comments: