Tonight was completely unplanned to try something new. Jacob went down for a nap around 5:30 PM because he didn't sleep much during the day and I figured I could wake him up at 6:30 for dinner. Michael and I made our dinner and sat down to eat at 6, and after we both took our first bite we began hear rustling on the monitor soon followed by the echoing sound of crying. Michael ran to the nursery and I yelled after him to just let him wake up and bring him out for dinner so he could eat with us.
I pulled out the diced pears for him to eat because he's loved the peaches this way and he started gobbling them up. Then I added the diced carrots and peas we were having with dinner, and he didn't love them, but he ate them and didn't just leave them sitting there. At that point I decided we didn't have to worry about the whole making him his own dinner thing. I tore off pieces of my baked chicken and added it to Jacob's tray. He went crazy with it all.
It's strange how this simple meal made me so happy and excited. We've talked several times about starting to feed Jacob what we're eating (when it is healthy) but this was the first time that we fully did that.
Scoot liked the new meal too and waited semi-patiently for pieces to drop
No comments:
Post a Comment