Thursday, October 29, 2009

16 Week Dr. Appt

All went good with our appointment on Tuesday. Although there was no ultrasound, we got to hear the heart beat. 141 beats per minute! Michael thinks it sounded like a tornado more than a heart beat.

Doctor wise there really wasn't anything. He doesn't seem big on really sharing much information, but was willing to write a prescription for tylenol with codeine to help the headaches I've been having, but also said they should be going away in the next few weeks, so I'm going to try and wait it out.


We also met with the OB Benefits person, which wasn't really about benefits, in fact there was only one sample in the bag of stuff they gave us. The whole meeting was to say how much we owe them each month to pay for the doctor cost of delivery. At first I thought it was a fairly good price, but then I realized it was only the doctor fee, there was also the medicine and hospital and so much more that we would see later.


And to finish it all off, they took my blood for the third time. The only good part with that is I have a lady at the lab I love and who is so great at the whole blood thing.


Michael was sweet enough to run to the mall with me after the appointment to get a pretzel and cheese since I hadn't stopped talking about it for a day. Definitely the best part of the day!




Oh...and big news. We scheduled our BIG ultrasound. The anatomy ultrasound, which is also the gender ultrasound, will be at 1:30 on December 1st. 5 more weeks until we know if we're having a boy or girl!!!!! I'm upset we have to delay a week because of Thanksgiving, but I'm sure it will be here before I know it anyway.

No comments: