Friday, October 30, 2009

17 Weeks

This week really flew by. I completely forgot it was the start of 17 weeks, until I checked my email and saw the update email from one of the baby sites. Which means on Tuesday I'll only be 4 weeks away from my next appointment!! Also in three weeks I'll be half way through the pregnancy, which is a little crazy. There are a ton of people I haven't even told I'm pregnant yet, and it is already almost half over. Oh well, I guess in the next several weeks or so they'll be able to figure it out for themselves.
In the four weeks before we find out gender, I have 4 events to get through, will finish class, and need to find time to do my student observations. It is going to be busy and probably fly by just as quickly as this week did.

* How far along?: 17 weeks
* Total weight gain: About 1.5 pounds. (I think the same as last week, I haven't been checking the past couple days.)
* How big is baby?: The size of an onion. About 5 inches and almost 6 oz. There is definitely a growth spurt going on!
* Maternity clothes?: I like that maternity shirts actually give me kind of a pregnant look instead of a beer gut look. Pants are always maternity and I go back and forth in tops right now. (Same as last week)
* Sleep?: Not so great the past couple nights. I have a headache that has the ability to wake me up in the middle of the night. (Same as last week, but sleeping a bit better)
* Best moment this week?: Getting to hear the heartbeat
* Movement?: If I'm feeling it, it is definitely not on a regular basis or a very strong feeling yet. Probably another couple weeks for that.
* Food cravings?: On Wednesday before the storms hit Michael had to race to get propane and I went to two grocery stores so we could have steaks, sweet potatoes and carrots. It still sounds really good to me
* Labor signs?: None for a long time
* Belly button in or out?: Innie
* What I miss: Nothing much
* What I'm looking forward to: Michael coming home!
* Milestone: I completed my department budget for next year which is a giant feat for me. I truly hate numbers.

No comments: