Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Any Day Now - At least that's what I heard :)

Today was my 37 week appointment and it was a good one.

Before the appointment Michael asked me to not get upset if there was no progress. I let him know that my goal was 3 cm, I'd be happy with 2 cm, and upset if I heard that I was still 1 cm.

The doctor came in and we discussed a couple pains. I told him I think Jacob is really low and he just kind of brushed it off.

We started the exam and when Dr. White felt Jacob's head extremely low (just like I told him) he seemed surprised and quietly said it could be any day now. He didn't say it to us, but he definitely said it and even Michael heard it. The rest of the exam showed that I'm still only 1 cm, but I'm definitely thinning out as I'm not 50% effaced. To confirm what I heard during the exam I asked if he thought I would go to my due date which brought the official Dr. answer of, "well you won't go past your due date," and explained how if I start having contractions 5 minutes apart to not even bother calling the office but to just go ahead and go in to the hospital.

I know the official answer was some time in the next few weeks, but I heard him say "any day now," and that's the answer I'm sticking with.

So even though I'm still at 1 cm, I'm not upset. I'm extremely happy!!!!

No comments: