Friday, March 26, 2010

38 Weeks

I just went and checked on a charity event we have going on in the mall. I haven't seen our main contact in a couple months, but went up to say hi and ask her to let me in so I could take pictures. She stopped me at the door, started offering me a box to put the things I wanted to buy in and then started escorting me to the table to pay for entrance before saying, "Oh my gosh, I didn't even recognize you all pregnant."
It was much nicer than the guy I spoke to before who I have never spoken to before. His only comment was, "Looks like something has gotten in you," followed by, "bet it's girl."
I must admit, I'm a little excited to not have strangers make random comments on the way I look.
On that note, I've been on an emotional roller coaster with whether or not he'll arrive each day. I really think it's going to happen and I'll have all signs point to yes, plus contractions and then once again nothing. However, this weekend I think it is going to happen. In fact, I'm not sure I'll make it a full day in the office today just because I feel so blah and gross.

* How far along?: 38 weeks
* Total weight gain: Still at right about 25 pounds.
* How big is baby?: He's about 7 pounds 10 ounces right now based on the last ultrasound and normal growth. Also he should be about 20" and done growing in length, it's all about adding on fat now.
* Maternity clothes?: Yep
* Sleep?: About back to normal, up about 3 hours each night. The past couple nights I haven't been able to stay awake past 9:30
* Best moment this week?: Hearing the doctor say, "Any day now."
* Movement?: A lot less frequent, but a kick every now and then. Plus hiccups almost every night.
* Food cravings?: No real cravings this week
* Labor signs?: All of the 6 signs of labor (which just means in the next 4 weeks), plus another that supposedly means very soon labor and great progress from my exams.
* Belly button in or out?: I never knew how deep my belly button was, but I think we're nearing the end.
* What I'm looking forward to: (This will probably not change now) Having him here. Both Michael and I are very anxious to have him here.

Michael emailed me this morning that Scott (one of the outside sales reps he works with) called him at 8:05AM to tell him that Jacob would be born this weekend. He also did this to Brandon the day their daughter was born. I like the sign, but when I read it at first I thought he meant Scoot and was just being silly. That would be pretty amazing if Scoot were to call him and say that though.

No comments: