Early this morning I got up to pee as usual, went back to bed, laid on my left side and had some water. Then I waited for Jacob to kick like normal, but he just wouldn't.
Because for the past couple months his mid-night bouncing around has become so normal, this all of a sudden stall scared me a bit. I decided to grab a juice box from the fridge thinking maybe my water wasn't cold enough or the sugar in the juice may help wake him up a bit. Still there was tiny movement.
I started trying to nicely wake Michael up to let him know I was scared and had made the decision that I wanted to go get it checked out. I thought I was being nice waking him up by scratching his back, but he later told me that he was getting ready to snap at me for rubbing his back so hard it was waking him up. He finally rolled over and I explained what was going on and we got ready to go.
Our childbirth class is on Saturday, so the only thing I knew about L&D was that it was somewhere on the 2nd floor.
We walked in to the reception area and asked the concierge where exactly to go, which was a simple 2nd floor, to the left and something about double doors. So after searching all the doctor's offices we decided the first door we saw labeled Birthing and Surgery was actually where we wanted to be. Because it was too early they didn't have anyone at the desk, just a note that said what extension to call. We called L&D which led to more directions and something else about double doors. As soon as we walked in all I saw was double doors and was completely lost again. Luckily, we found our way :)
I explained our reason for being there to the nurse who's only question was, "Why are you monitoring movement at 3:30AM." I guess that's not normal for most.
The nurse hooked me up to a fetal heart monitor and contraction monitor. Michael enjoyed the contraction monitor. At one point he told me the line was going up as I felt my stomach start to tighten. About 10 minutes later I let him know that there would be another bounce in it so he got up to watch. It was funny because I told him this one was really strong and he confirmed it for me by letting me know it went three times as high as the last one.
Once they were happy with the heartbeat being steady we were released, and the nurse said she would probably see us in a couple weeks. Not sure how you can tell off of heartbeat and contraction readings, but it makes me happy!
When we got home Scoot ran straight to Jacob's crib and sniffed around like he wanted to see if he was here.
So all in all, Jacob is good and Michael knows he'll have fun watching the contractions when we go in for real.
1 comment:
Glad you had a trial run. Can't tell you how much we can't wait for the real thing. Love to you, Jacob and Michael.
Post a Comment