Monday, July 12, 2010

Counting Down

I have 3 weeks and 3 days of work left in my current position. It still seems like a long count down to me, but seeing that number go down bit by bit each day (honestly I count by half days at times) makes me so happy.
When Michael and I started talking about adding a baby to our family I thought I would have no problem going back to work after maternity leave. I grew up with a working mom - and turned out pretty darn well - so I figured I could do it too. Fast forward to one week before it was time for me to return to work. My boss emailed me to make sure I was returning since they hadn't heard from me in about a month and I sadly said that I would be there bright and early Monday morning.

The first day was as hard as everyone says it is. It took all I had not to cry every time someone asked me where Jacob was or how I was doing. I hold myself together much better now, but it is still hard and the day after the weekend (especially a long weekend) is about as hard as the first day was. It kills me that I get an hour in the morning with Jacob and about 3 waking hours at night.

In all honesty there is no point to this post. It just makes me happy to say 3 weeks and 3 days left til I'm home with my Little Man for a while!

2 comments:

Amy said...

How exciting about getting to stay home with the little one in just a few short weeks!! I totally get counting down by days and even halfs at times. I hope it goes by really, really quick!

Valerie said...

Aww how exciting!!!!