Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Milestones

I started this post a couple hours ago and got completely sidetracked. During that time I decided I didn't really like what I was writing and just decided to delete it all. Not that I had something else in mind to post, just in a wishy washy kind of mood.

Jacob just started giggling a couple days ago. It is so freaking cute, but I'm afraid he'll have my laugh. Making faces can get him going every now and then, but the sure fire way to make him laugh is if I sit in front of him and just start talking.

This is how I got the first couple laughs from him, and I'm still trying to figure out what is so funny. Last night I wasn't feeling well so instead of instantly playing with Jacob when I got home we just sat on the couch together and I told him about my day. He thought it was the best thing on Earth and wouldn't stop laughing at everything I said.

Michael wanted some giggles too since he has only really giggled for me. He tried faces and sounds and movments and songs, but no luck. I'm the only one that can make my baby laugh :)

In other great milestone news:

This weekend Jacob rolled over for the first time by himself. I've been working on this with him for a few weeks now by showing him the movements to roll and other activities that I blindly follow from developmental books. Then the one day I got to sleep in and Michael got up with Jacob he rolled over.

I woke up an hour after the two of them got up and as we started playing Michael told me that he rolled over by himself. I was shocked and asked for every detail. Then I asked why he didn't wake me up.

He simply replied, "It's not like I can pause time or rewind it, you just missed it. No point in waking you up."

I tried for the rest of the day to get him to roll. No luck.

Then last night on the way home I was talking to Michael after he had picked up Jacob. He said that Jacob's teacher had asked him if we knew he could roll because during his nap he had rolled from his back to his stomach.

So apparently everyone is going to see him roll before I do.


But at least I can make him laugh!

No comments: