Friday, July 16, 2010

Random Friday

I couldn't really think of a subject substantive enough for an entire post, so I decided to be lazy (the way Friday's should be) and just let today's post (and probably all Fridays going forward unless some whirlwind of energy comes over me) be a mumble of random thoughts and things from the week.
Here we go:

- Tonight I'm going to Happy Hour with a couple great girlfriends from my old job. I love them dearly and can't wait to finally have a Happy Hour I can drink at since for the past year I've watched them drink, but at the same time it is my first time to not go home to Jacob since I've been back at work.

- I am so freaking excited for this weekend. Tomorrow we have a park and lunch play date with friends and the 3 year old their watching for the weekend followed by some pool time for Michael, Jacob, me...and Scoot too!

- On Sunday we also get to find out if one of our closest friends are having a boy or girl. Michael has dreams that they have a boy and their son and Jacob grow up just as close as he and Justin did. It is a sweet dream, but we all kind of think Justin is destined to have a beautiful girl.

- I'm finally losing some weight. I now have 6 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and 10 more after that to be really happy. I have to break it into two goals because 16 pounds just seems so much.

- We found out Jacob has been eating way, way, way too much. I'm kind of peeved by this actually because at his 2 month appointment I made a point to tell her that he was eating 6 oz bottles every 3 to 4 hours and his doctor just smiled and said that he's a good eater. Now it seemed like I was scolded for letting him eat so much. Any way, we're trying to cut him back to 36oz a day this week and if unsucessful we have to schedule another appointment. So far it is going good though.

- This could actually be a full post, and probably will in the not so distant future - I don't know how people can handle more than one kid. It scares me to think of Jacob and everything he needs and we want to give him times two.

- Lastly, they finally named my replacement for my job and I can't wait for her to get here in two weeks so I can train her on the important stuff and be done with the long commute and start my next adventure.
And a random picture just because I think it turned out amazing.

No comments: