Monday, July 26, 2010

Lip Balm

* Completely not Jacob related.

When Michael and I first started dating he was completely against the idea of lip balm. He would let his lips dry out and pick at the skin - which is all unacceptable in every way to me.

As our relationship progressed I began carrying a tube of ChapStick around for him and if I saw him pick at his lips I'd kick him under the table. Out of concern for bruises on his legs (I promise I won't parent like this) or the want for a happy girlfriend he started taking the ChapStick when I offered.

I now can proudly say that every morning before leaving the house he puts Burt's Bees lip balm on and reapplies a couple times through the day.

Anyway...this isn't a post to show my accomplishment.

The other day while browsing through the store I went to check out what new lip balms they had. In the middle of the aisle was an 8-pack of Lip Smackers in soda flavors. I'm not a Lip Smacker buyer, and I think that grown woman covering their lips with Strawberry Watermelon glittered Lip Smakers is trashy (sorry if I've offended anyone), but I couldn't pass up a Sprite and Rootbeer flavored lip balm. I figured as cheap as they are I wouldn't mind losing a few.

They're actually a lot better than I thought they would be; both in taste and how they feel on my lips.

Later that night Michael and I were on our way to dinner when I was putting on a coat of Rootbeer and he asked to borrow some. I explained that it wasn't the normal kind we use and to my surprise he was so excited. He loves them and thinks they're 100x better than Burt's Bees (I like them, but this couldn't be more false of a statement).

After listing the flavor to him and watching his excitement grow with each flavor, I'm pretty sure my Cherry Coke will go missing soon.

No comments: