Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Limbo

I am now down to about one week left at my current job and the start of a career change. It is starting to really freak me out.

I've been in marketing since my Junior year of college when I took on working with the small town community theatre, then I interned with Fisher-Price (absolutely amazing in every way), followed by Corporate Communications with Corning Inc., then an internship that morphed into a job for a medical ID company and lastly my current position of marketing and special events manager for a local outlet mall. Marketing has been all that I've done, and I have a proven track record of being good at it.

Now I've quit my job and I'm not quite sure what to do next.

When we decided to try to get pregnant I enrolled in the community college for teacher certification classes. I was burnt out on retail marketing and the long commute, love kids and wanted to have the holidays and summer off to spend with our new baby. The plan was perfect in my head. The only hitch is nobody told me how hard it is to get hired.

In one week I'll be without a job. I'm excited to spend time with Jacob, but not working is completely new to me. I've put in to be a teacher's aide and also substitute for several districts, and Jacob's daycare has offered me a job. It's just trying to figure out what to do next and if the daycare job is stepping back from my goal of teaching.

No comments: