Jacob and I were at Barnes and Noble a month or so back when we saw the above toy. I instantly liked it, but was only there to look at the books and thought he wouldn't be ready for it anyway.A week after Jacob started grabbing his toys and wanting to hold them. I thought about the toy and even added it to my cart on http://www.diapers.com/ (one of my favorite sites to get his necessities from). Once again I took it out though thinking he already had enough toys and no reason to waste the money.
Finally Michael and I started talking about how much he loves holding his toys now and I decided that during the weekend we would stop by Barnes and Noble and get the toy that I had spent a couple weeks thinking about.
Instant love!
The small tubing on this is so easy for Jacob to grab and he has plenty of option for where to grab at. It is light enough for him to hold and shake all around, plus large enough that he can hold with both hands and easily pass from hand to hand. The only thing that he didn't like in the beginning is the bend of the tubing was too wide for him to get in his mouth (he had just started mouthing things), so as he played he would get frustrated and fussy, but yell if you took the toy away. It was a vicious cycle that thankfully only lasted a week at most.
I highly, highly, highly reccomend the Winkel by Manhattan Toys for any baby that is just starting to learn to grab and hold toys.
1 comment:
He is so cute!
Post a Comment